Updated: Apr 16
If you've never been introduced to the podcast world, that's about to change. I just started listening to podcasts about a year ago and it's become part of my daily routine. Instead of listening to music during long drives, I spend it listening to a motivational podcast. There are several different types of podcasts out there, so looking for the perfect one might be overwhelming until you find what interests you.
I, personally, prefer podcasts that make me think about my life. Life can be stressful and overwhelming, but these podcasts make me stop an analyze my life - "Should I really be doing that? Why am I so worried? I just need to breathe and let God take control." They often talk about the tough situations we face that we often push to the side. However, letting our stresses build up is about the worst thing we can do for our health.
Here are some of my favorite podcasts for the soul:
(All of these podcasts can be found on Spotify)
1. #GirlBoss Radio by Sophia Amaruso
- Sophia interviews women who have made their mark in the world and share what they have learned along the way. As Sophia would say, "How would you define success?"
2. Kalyn's Coffee Talk
- From YouTube to the podcast world, Kalyn Nicholson is sharing meaningful topics about health & wellness while enjoying a cup of coffee.
3. Pretty Basic with Alisha Marie and Remi Cruz
- Best friends Alisha Marie and Remi Cruz discuss their lives and what it means to be a YouTuber.
4. The Science of Happiness
- Learn about research-tested strategies by Dacher Keltner for a happier, more meaningful life.
5. Girl's Night: A Podcast for Women
- Have you ever had a girls night? This podcast will make you feel like you're at one while talking about important female topics.
6. SHE Podcast
- Jordan Lee Dooley takes you deep into life and personal development, while giving you challenges to create the most fulfilling life.
Other fun podcasts:
1. Sawbones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine
- Dr. Sydnee McElroy and her husband discuss all of the weird ways society has tried to fix people. (Believe me, some of these are CRAZY!)
2. This Podcast Will Kill You
- This podcast won't literally kill you, but it talks about several diseases that can.
3. Missing Alissa
- Explore the cold case of Alissa Turney who went missing at age 17 and was last seen 16 years ago.
- Otis Gray reads old novels and poetry to help put you in a deep sleep.
What are your favorite podcasts? Let me know in the comments below!
#blog #blogger #lillypulitzer #lifestyle #healthandwellness #podcasts #spotify #life #mentalhealth #personaldevelopment #humor #medical #medicine #sleep #murder #coldcase #missing #science #knowledge #learning #new #coffee #coffeetalk #youtube #girlbossradio #sophiaamaruso #kalynnicholson #girlsnight #gossip #drama #happiness #jordanleedooley #change #personalgrowth #smiles